Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Tasty Sandwiches

Last Wednesday, we had delicious vegetarian Florentine burgers from Outpost. They're pre-made burgers with spinach, walnuts, breadcrumbs, cheese, onions, eggs, spices and more. We just heated them on a skillet and served them on buns with some lettuce. I added a bit of tamari sauce to mine.

And, of course, with them, we had homemade sweet potato fries. Delicious! I highly recommend trying Outpost's Florentine burgers. I think they go fast, so get them early in the week!

Then, on Friday, we made chicken Philly sandwiches. We cooked some chicken with spices in a skillet, and in another skillet, sauteed bells peppers, mushrooms and red onion. We combined it on a hoagie roll with a slice of pepper jack cheese and had garden salsa Sunchips (one of my favorites).

I mostly wanted to buy them because of the 100% completely compostable bag they come in. I can't wait to add it to the compost pile!

No comments:

Post a Comment