Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Favorite Summer Meal: Shish Kabobs

I absolutely love shish kabobs on the grill when it gets warm. We make them quite often--they're easy and usually pretty healthy.

Today, for dinner, we mixed it up a bit. I had some Wildtree sate sauce I won at a Wildtree party a few months ago that I've been wanting to try. Here's what we did:

-Cut up two chicken breasts into 1-inch pieces, combine with sate sauce, put on kabob skewers.
-Cut up veggies (zucchini, green pepper, yellow pepper, red onion and mushrooms) and pour a marinade over (I made something up using olive, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, ginger powder and a bit of Sriracha). Skewer was well.
-Grill for about 20 minutes.


-For a side, I made plain couscous flavored with curry powder, spicy curry powder, garlic salt and garlic powder, and about 1 teas. olive oil.


We heated up some of the sate sauce to dip the chicken in, too. It's good stuff--a bit spicy and kind of salty for my taste, but still really good!
And tonight was the first time this year we ate at our patio table. I love this time of year!

1 comment:

  1. We had Middle Eastern food at Casablanca last night too-half price wine Monday & Tuesday. We couldn't sit outside-all the hookah smokers were there! :)

    ReplyDelete