Sunday, July 11, 2010

Fake Meat and Green Curry Meals

Early last week, we made two simple but tasty dinners.

One involved fake meat. I kind of hate referring to it that way, but really, that's what it is. I'm a big fan of Morningstar Farms products, and we often have the chicken nuggets, mini corn dogs and breakfast sausage links in the freezer. Nate seems to like them, too, or at least he appeases me and eats them. :)

We decided to eat up the corn dogs and nuggets that we had (all it takes it heating them in the oven for about 15 minutes). With it, we made our favorite sweet potato fries plus roasted beets--that was the first time I cooked beets, and probably one of the first times I ate fresh beets. I really liked them; Nate was not a fan. With the beet root, we cooked the beet greens, too, which pretty much tasted like spinach or Swiss chard.

For, I cut them in halves or quarters, depending on the size, and put them in foil with a few drops of water and salt and pepper. I roasted them at 400 for about 45 minutes. When they were cooked, the skins peeled right off. For the greens, I sauteed them for about 10 minutes with some olive oil and garlic powder.
Then, on Tuesday, we made green curry with veggies, chicken and rice. We had a bottle of Thai Kitchen green curry sauce from Outpost that we used with chicken and veggies like broccoli, bean sprouts, mushrooms, green onions, sugar snap peas and peapods.
We served it on top of white basmati rice.

The sauce was really good, but it wasn't spicy at all, so of course we added some Sriracha.

No comments:

Post a Comment