Wednesday, September 22, 2010

MKE's Food Truck Friday

For the last few months, on Fridays, the food trucks of Milwaukee have gathered downtown in Cathedral Square for Food Truck Friday. So, a few Fridays ago, my friends Leah, Jessie and I went to check it out for lunch.

Unfortunately, the day we chose to go, there were only three trucks: Satellite Crepes, Tigerbite and Pita Brothers. But, while there wasn't a whole lot to choose from, it definitely made our decision making easier!

I had had a pita sandwich from Pita Brothers before, and I'm always craving crepes, so I went with that. I had a vegetarian one, the Capricorn, that featured fresh mozzarella, basil, tomatoes
and garlic oil. Yum! It was very tasty, and the perfect size.

Jessie went with another one of the crepes, the Fresh Orb: shredded cheese, basil, tomatoes and lemon truffle oil.

Leah went with a sandwich from pita brothers (I'm sorry--it's been too long. I can't remember what she ordered!)

Additionally, we shared an order of sweet potato fries from Tiger Bite.

It was a great meal, and nice to sit outside for lunch in the park. I believe Food Truck Friday goes through September, and maybe longer if the weather holds out.


2 comments:

  1. I work downtown and how have I never heard of this?! I never knew food trucks were so huge until watching the show on Food Network. I will have to try to check this out in the next 2 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of it until a friend, who works across the street, mentioned it and then I saw some tweets about it. I work downtown also and saw a ton of food trucks (including American Euros, the newish Mexican stand, Streetza) on the corner of Water and Wisconsin today. Maybe it's Food Truck Thursday in that neck of the woods??

    ReplyDelete