Monday, June 13, 2011

Potato & Pasta-less Side Salad



I love potato and pasta salads for cookouts or tailgates, but I was looking forward to trying this Cucumber, Tomato and Feta Salad. I thought it would nice to have something a little lighter.



We went to the Brewers game last Saturday with my parents, and I happened to come across the Epicurious salad recipe on Facebook (I believe it was). I thought it would be great with the chicken sandwiches we made for our dinner.




The recipe was super easy and straightforward. I didn't do anything differently other than halve the recipe, as I wasn't sure it would be too good leftover for too long.




The salad was very good, and I'll definitely be making it again. I threw a can of tuna in the last bit of leftovers for lunch tomorrow--we'll see how that goes, but I'm sure it will be good.

4 comments:

  1. Summer salads are so refreshing, and this one looks delicious. And I just love the combination of cucumbers and feta.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm writing to let you know about a recipe contest that may interest you: the Madison Area CSA Coalition is seeking recipes designed by community members like you for their “Farm-Fresh and Fast” cookbook project. They are looking for original recipes that feature fresh, local produce and are ready to serve in under 60 minutes. (i.e., things that would be good for weeknight meals). If they select your submission(s) for publication, you’ll see your name, and your culinary creation, in print!

    The link below has all the details of the contest. Please feel free to submit as many recipes as you wish, or forward the contest to anyone else who may be interested in participating.

    Thanks!
    Danielle Pacha

    PS: If you plan to announce the contest on your blog and you'd like access to any of the contest graphics, please let me know and I'll get them to you.

    http://www.csacoalition.org/news/recipe-contest/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this for the 4th of July - everyone loved it! Thank you for sharing!
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Elise: Excellent! I'm glad you tried it and it was a hit. It is good stuff! :)

    ReplyDelete