Sunday, May 15, 2011

Shrimp Pad Thai a la Cooking Light



While flipping through the March 2011 issue of Cooking Light not too long ago, a recipe for Shrimp Pad Thai caught my eye. I love just about any kind of Thai or Thai-inspired dish, and we hadn't made anything with shrimp in a while, so this was great.





The recipe was super easy and didn't take much time. We followed the recipe exactly. I think next time we make it I would do just a few things different:


  • Add more Sriracha, although it's fine to add to the plate after it's cooked.

  • Add a bit more shrimp. The recipe only calls for 8 oz., so divided by four servings, that's not too much. We cut up the shrimp, too, for maximum plate coverage! Also, I think tofu would be good in it, too.

  • I think most pad Thai recipes call for eggs to be mixed in while stir frying the veggies and shrimp, so I'd definitely do that next time.


We served the pad Thai with some baked spring rolls we picked up in the sale bin at Outpost. It was all very tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment