- 1 lb. ground pork, browned and drained
- 1.25 lb. red potatoes, cut in chunks (I'd recommend cutting on the small side)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 poblano peppers cut into 1-inch pieces (we did not seed them)
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped (we did not see this either)
- about 1 teas. garlic powder (we ran out of fresh, otherwise I would have used four cloves)
- 2 inches stick cinnamon
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cups corn
- 1 tbs. chili powder
- about 1 tbs. crushed dried parsley
- 1/4 teas. black pepper
In a crockpot, place potatoes, onions, peppers, garlic and cinnamon. Add meat.
In a bowl, combine broth, undrained tomatoes, chili powder, parsley and black pepper. Pour over all.
Cover and cook on low 8 to 10 hours (or on high for 4-5 hours). Discard cinnamon before eating.
We served the stew over leftover white basmati rice.
The stew had a nice kick to it with the poblano and jalapeno. It really could have used salt, though, and we added it as we ate it. It would be good with some regular salt or a good seasoning salt.