Monday, November 1, 2010

Best-Ever Pumpkin Dip

I'm not sure how many pumpkin dip recipes exist out there, but without even trying them I can tell you this is the best. Everything about this recipe is great--it's quick, it's easy and it's tasty with so many foods.

Here is the recipe. It's so short and easy, though, I'll include it here (and add what I do differently):

Pumpkin Dip
-8 oz. cream cheese softened (I usually use Neufchatel cheese, since it's a wee bit healthier)
-2 cups powdered sugar
-15 oz. can pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
-1 tbs. ground cinnamon
-1 tbs. pumpkin pie spice
-1 teas. frozen orange juice concentrate (I don't usually add this, mostly because it's kind of a pain--and I don't think it needs it)

In a medium bowl, mix cream cheese with sugar until smooth. Gradually mix in pumpkin. Stir in cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice (and OJ if using it). Blend well. Chill before serving.

I like to serve the dip with Nilla Wafers, graham crackers (the cinnamon ones are especially good), gingersnaps and apples. I also put it some leftovers on a bagel earlier this week, and that's good, too!

It makes a lot, too! I had about four cups of dip when I was done.



4 comments:

  1. I think I need to make this for Thanksgiving! How do you think it'd be different if you used pumpkin pie filling but didn't add the spice and cinnamon? Would throw off the taste and/or consistency of it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love anything pumpkin. Dip sounds like pie filling heaven!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah: I really don't know how it would be different ... I've actually never baked/cooked with pumpkin pie fililng, but I will be doing so tomorrow night. I'll assess the fililng and let you know what I think!

    Otehila: Tthanks for the comment! Yes, it tastes EXACTLY like pumpkin pie filling. It really is fantastic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super! We can chat Friday night :) I've actually used pumpkin pie filling (after it's mixed & ready to be used as the pie filling) to make pumpkin waffles the past two years after T-Giving. So fun & delish!

    ReplyDelete