Monday, December 13, 2010

Chicken and Veg Fajitas

This could very well look familiar to my faithful readers (there are some out there, right?!. I can't remember if I've blogged about making chicken fajitas. I'm sure I have, because we really enjoy eating them. But I can't seem to find a post.

In any event, last Friday, we wanted to make dinner at home. I've been craving fajitas, so I stopped at Outpost to pick up supplies: chicken; red, yellow and green bell peppers; red onion; jalapeno; and tortillas. I originally wanted to marinate the chicken and peppers in fajita spice from the Spice House, but I didn't have the lime juice the recipe called for. So, we ended up just cooking the chicken and all the veggies in a skillet with Mexican seasoning: chili powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt, cumin and coriander. We served the fajitas on small tortillas from El Rey's, along with some guacamole and shredded pepper jack cheese.
For a side, I heated up a can of black beans, seasoned with some red onion, cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt and chili powder.

The fajitas were good as usual, but holy cow we had a hot jalapeno! It was quite a big one, and you could tell it was going to be spicy the minute Nate cut into it. Our eyes were watering, and I kept coughing. It was good, but maybe a teeny bit too spicy.

No comments:

Post a Comment