- 8 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1 teas. honey mustard
- 1/8 teas. salt
- 1/8 teas. hot sauce
- a few drops of liquid smoke
- 1 Tbs. (plus a bit extra) BBQ sauce (I love Saz's BBQ sauce)
- 2 strips cherrywood-smoked bacon, cooked and crumbled (be sure these are chopped pretty small if you're using a piping bag)
- smoked paprika--a few shakes for the mix plus a few shakes for the top of the eggs
- about 2 tbs. sliced green onions
Cut the peeled eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks (I also like to slice a bit of the white part off the bottom of the eggs so that they stay put on a plate, but it's not a necessary step). Put the yolks in a bowl with the rest of the ingredients (minus the green onions) and mix well.
Take a Zip-loc bag and fill the bag with the mixture, using a rubber spatula to get all of the mix at the bottom of the bag. Snip a corner of the bag to make a piping bag. Fill the insides of the eggs with the mix. Top with a few shakes of paprika and green onions.
These deviled eggs were really, really good. I would definitely make them again. They were really easy to make (other than peeling the eggs--I have some troubles with that). They were a big with our small group.