Thursday, January 21, 2010

Let's get this started

I've been thinking about creating a blog for a while. Until now, however, I didn't really know what I should--or could--write about. I thought to myself, what is it that I really love to do, love to talk about, love to think about? I can't believe it took me as long as it did to realize what that was--food, of course!

Through this blog, I hope to share what I cook at home--often with the help of my husband, Nate, and my essential kitchen fixture, my dog, April--as well as thoughts on restaurants I try and the foods I sample. Every now and then I'll likely share cooking ideas, pose questions and ask for feedback.

As long as I can remember, I've loved to cook--and loved to eat (my baby pictures can prove this). I used to help my parents--both excellent cooks--when I was younger. My mom even trusted me to cook dinner once a week during my formative years. Growing up, I was a pretty picky eater. The list of things I wouldn't eat--wouldn't even try--was pretty long. I used to have to sit at the dinner table until I finished my meal--this meant I was at the dinner table, picking at my food, until a good hour after my parents finished their meals. Luckily, we had a dog that would eat almost anything.

Sometime, between then and now, things changed. I started liking those foods I used to hate (still don't like pickles though, although I do try now and then). I also started getting a little more adventurous, trying new and different foods like Indian, Thai, Ethiopian and sushi. Not only did I try tasting these new and different foods, but I tried making them, too.

Here, with this blog, I hope to share the recipes and experiences of trying these new foods, mixed in, of course, with some classic comfort foods. And there will be photos. I love food photos, and I hope you will, too.

Please feel free to comment at any time, share suggestions or give me your honest opinion on something I post. I hope you enjoy my blog!

1 comment: