Thursday, January 13, 2011

Sloppy Lentils in the Crockpot

I have my foodie friends over at Burp! blog to thank for this recipe. They wrote a blog post about it in early December, and from the moment I read it, I've been thinking about it ever since. Really, I have.


So, last Sunday, the opportunity to make a great crockpot recipe presented itself. We had plans to go to a local bar and watch the Packers game, so we put the recipe together and left it to cook all day (and it's a good thing we did--I ended up throwing my back out at the gym and was unable to be upright for the better part of the day).

It was excellent. The flavors were great, and it had just the right amount of spice. Here is the recipe. Even Nate, who always prefers meaty meals as opposed to these vegetarian meals, said he really liked it.

We followed the recipe exactly, except that I didn't read--until about two hours before we planned eat--that after cooking, I was supposed to let it cool, sit in the fridge overnight and then reheat the next day. Oops! I think it tasted great as it was.



We served the sloppy lentil sandwiches with one of our favorites, baked sweet potato fries. Everything was delicious!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad to read that you didn't cool and fridge over night and that is still tasted good. I was thinking of skipping that altogether! Plan to make these soon! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you had the chance to try this recipe! And I'm glad Nate liked it (seems to me that this is one of those recipes that appeals to almost everyone). It's one of our favorite vegetarian crockpot recipes -- and we often eat the sandwiches alongside sweet potato fries too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this! Sounds really tasty. I am going to try it this week.

    ReplyDelete