Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Two Adrian Specialities

The appetizer my mom always makes when we have "company" come over is one of my favorites--artichoke dip. I started making it I think when I was in college, and it's one of the few recipes I can whip up just off the top of my head. We received a mini crock pot as a wedding present a few years ago, and now like cooking the dip in that. It's nice and hot all the time!

Artichoke Dip
1 can artichokes, drained, squeezed of excess water and chopped
about 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
about 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
3 oz. cream cheese
mayo
salt, pepper and garlic powder to taste, paprika for color on top
bread or crackers


Mix everything together with just enough mayo so that everything sticks together. Cook in crock pot for about 1.5 hours, or put in small baking dish at bake at 350 until hot and bubbly.


Another thing we made while I was growing up was what we called, simply, a "cottage cheese." Nate thinks I'm weird for liking this, but it's so good and really a pretty decent meal. We have it for breakfast (maybe that's what he thinks is weird).

"Cottage Cheese"
1 slice bread
cottage cheese
Parmesan cheese
pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Toast slice of bread. Top with cottage cheese (however much you want), sprinkle Parmesan on top and pepper. Bake for about 10 minutes then turn broiler on for about 3 minutes. Yum!



If anyone tries it, let me know if you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment